Given the gradual relaxation of lockdown rules and the fact that overnight stays are now permitted again in the Lake District, some members have asked whether the Lodge can now reopen to external bookings.
Regrettably however we have decided as the club committee that it will need to remain closed for the time being.
This is partly because Covid-19 remains a fast-changing and rather fluid situation, with the imposition of local lockdowns in certain areas coupled with the new restrictions on social gatherings announced on 9th September.
But it is also because there is important construction work going on at the Lodge over the course of this autumn, and in order to provide a Covid-19-safe environment for the people carrying out this work it is necessary to restrict other people from using the Lodge at these times.
We apologise to any members who had been planning to use the Lodge this autumn and to whom this news will inevitably come as a disappointment.
As we have said previously, once we are in a position to open up the bookings calendar again we will update this page and club secretary Dave Glover will also email members with further details.
Once again, thank you for your understanding at this challenging time.
Paul Linford, Bookings Secretary